Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dairy and Sugar Free Pancakes

I was craving something sweet and I love breakfast for dinner, so I decided to make pancakes! I'm not a fan of store bought mixes because of all of the unnecessary processed ingredients so here was my first attempt at home-made pancakes, and I have to say that they were pretty good!

What you will need:
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 scoop Jay Robb Vanilla Whey protein
  • 3/4 cup almond or coconut milk (I used vanilla flavored)
  • 2 egg whites
  • * 1 tsp Vanilla extract (if you are using unsweetened almond or coconut milk)

add 1 cup whole wheat flour to a mixing bowl.  (I used a locally made flour from a farmers market, but you can find whole wheat flour in the baking section or in bulk in stores like Whole Foods)

 
Add 1 teaspoon baking flour to the bowl and mix with flour.
 
 
Incorporate 1/2 scoop of Jay Robb Vanilla Whey Protein to the flour and baking powder mix.


Stir in 3/4 cup almond or coconut milk, making sure it is mixed in completely.


Add 2 egg whites and whisk together until everything is combined (add vanilla here if needed)


Cook on a skillet over medium heat, spray with natural cooking spray if needed.



Enjoy with Agave Nectar, or maple syrup. If you buy syrup, make sure that it is non-processed, and is pure maple syrup with no sugar or added ingredients.
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

  © Bloggertemplates The White Dove by Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme 2011