Sunday, February 26, 2012

Protein Pancakes



The first time I made these I couldn't even take a picture because I ate them before I had the chance!  I recently purchased a new brand of protein powder because I was noticing that I was having reactions to whey protein. I decided to turn to an all plant formula and I love it!  I'm sure you can make these with other brands, but I think this one takes the cake.  If you suffer from food allergies like milk or soy, I would give this a shot, it's really good. It's made by Sun Warrior and its the warrior blend in vanilla but also comes in chocolate.  Here is the link to the website, but I bought it at Vitamin Shoppe: http://www.sunwarrior.com/warriorblend/
Here is the recipe, I know that is what you are waiting for:

*The batch will make you about 3 pancakes depending on how large you pour them and how much water you add
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 3 tbsp flour (Spelt tastes great, the second time I made these I used whole wheat, you can choose what you like)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 Stevia packets
  • pinch cinnamon
  • pinch salt
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup fruit (I use either apples or blueberries)
  • about 1 cup of water



  1. Combine all of the dry ingredients into a bowl.
  2. In a separate bowl mix together the egg white and vanilla extract
  3. Add the egg and vanilla mixture to the dry ingredients and stir (It will be very thick, don't try to mix it completely there wont be enough liquid)
  4. SLOWLY add the water until you reach the desired consistency
  5. Once you've added enough water add in your fruit
  6. Place a griddle or pan on medium to low heat and pour batter (I indulged and used butter to cook my pancakes, but if you use a non-stick griddle or pan you can probably get away without it.  I like how they turn out when I use butter, next time I will try without it)
  7. Once cooked serve with syrup, or any topping you like, I used agave nectar.
  8. Enjoy :)

You can see how they are browned, this is from the butter, if you omit it they will look like the ones below that were made with blueberries.

This morning I decided to make them without any butter and this is how they turned out:


These were just as delicious, especially with the blueberries!

Let me know what you think!

Nutritional Information:

Serving Size: 1 batch
Calories: 290
Carbs: 41 grams
Fat: 3 grams
Protein: 26 grams

*(Remember these numbers will be higher or lower depending on your ingredients, and if you add in syrup.
These numbers did not add in the agave nectar.)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, those look good! Hi. I'll have to visit again for some of your recipes. Although I haven't kicked the sugar habit altogether, I HAVE kicked the wheat(flour) habit and greatly, greatly limited my sugar. I feel half my age and it's GREAT.

Melissa said...

That's great, keep at it! We all stumble sometimes, but when you keep trying that's what makes you strong.
The first time I made these I used spelt flour and it worked out really well.
Let me know if there is any kind of recipe you want me to make.

Ariel said...

Melissa, my name is Ariel and I'm really interested in your blog. The pancakes above sound great! I work at Sunwarrior and I'd like to talk to you about your blog. Can you email me at ariel@sunwarrior.com? I look forward to hearing from you!

Lisa said...

Yum!!!!!!!! Definitely going to have to make this. :) Thanks for stopping by my Blog. Looking forward to following your delicious recipes! :) ~Lisa

Deodorant Crystal said...

Hmmmmmm nice post and also you are giving us good idea for making this recipe.
Thanks for sharing

Post a Comment

 

  © Bloggertemplates The White Dove by Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme 2011