It's Friday!! I am so excited that the weekend is finally here. I wanted to make this video for anyone who is suffering from acne. I suffered with it, and I still get occasional break outs, but I wanted to share some of my tips and tricks to fight it. If you are looking for a more natural approach, this is for you! I am not an expert, so these may not work for everyone, but they are what helped me.
My Tips & Tricks:
1. Heredity- this is the biggest factor that you cannot control, and unfortunately you will have to wait this one out!
2. Don't touch or pick at your face- THIS WILL MAKE IT WORSE! I know that it is annoying to have white heads, but if you pop them, I have noticed that it will spread. When you pick or "pop" them, you are also damaging your skin and you will leave hyper-pigmentation or scarring behind.
3. Wash your face 2x per day
4. Watch what you eat! - I know there isn't a lot of science to back this up yet, but I know from personal experience that there are trigger foods in my diet that will cause me to break out. Here is a link that will explain it a little more.
5. Drink water - water is the best way to detox your body!
6. Stay away from caffeine - caffeine actually dehydrates your body causing your skin to look bad. Also, most people do not drink coffee black, there is added sugar, artificial sugar, and/or cream or milk that would be a cause of breakouts. Take it out of your diet and see what happens.
7. Clean your pillow cases! Make an effort to clean your pillow cases at least once a week, it may help.
8. Try a free & clear laundry detergent - many laundry detergents contain dyes and perfumes that can be irritating to the skin and may be a source of breakouts for some of you.
9. Stay away from shampoo, conditioner, & body care products with sulfites, sulfates, and parabens - there are so many places that carry these types of products, you can even get them at Wal-Mart example: Burts Bees, Alba Botanica. I am currently using Vitabath from Ulta, and it smells like cupcakes, yummy!
10. Buy products based on your skin type - It's ok to take advice from someone who has similar skin to you, don't just buy random products, you will waste time and money, take time to research a little bit.
11. Purchase makeup that is acceptable for your skin - Make sure you read packaging! There are a lot of ingredients that can clog your pores, look for OIL FREE & NON-COMEODOGENIC
I hope this helps some of you!!