Friday, December 30, 2011

Green Tea Frap

I have been really craving a Green Tea Frappuccino from Starbucks... but since I decided to start eating clean making the trip was a no-go.  Instead I used my brain power to use what I had in my cupboard to try to make an imitation.  I had some Tazo green tea (part of my Christmas present, thanks to my future mother-in-law) which is the same brand used at Starbucks.

  • 1 Tazo China Green Tips tea bag
  • 8 oz. hot water
  • 1 scoop Jay Robb Vanilla whey protein
  • ice (add as much as you would like)
Allow the green tea to steep in the water for 5 minutes, and then allow it to cool.  Ideally, put it in the fridge over night so that it is completely cold when you add it to the blender so that the ice doesn't melt as quickly.

I use a magic bullet blender (http://www.buythebullet.com/) because it is easier to clean up and you get the perfect amount.

Add all of the ingredients in, and blend until it sounds like all of the ice has been chopped up.  If you notice that you put too much ice in, add a little bit of water and it will thin it out.


Mine was a little watery, I should have added more ice, as you can see.


I was surprised that this turned out like it did.  I was a little disappointed that it was thicker, but I am going to try this again and see if I can improve it.  

Next time I am going to brew 2 tea bags in a smaller amount of water so that the green tea flavor is more concentrated.  Since I made this spur-of-the-moment, I didn't have all of the ingredients I would have liked, so  next time I am going to try making this with soy, almond, or coconut milk hoping that it gives it a thicker consistency.  Adding the alternative milk will also enhance the flavor of the green tea.  Next time I go to the store I will pick up these items and post the new concoction.  

Give it a try and see what you think.  If you have any suggestions let me know :)

You can order Jay Robb protein here: http://www.jayrobb.com/protein/Whey-Protein-Vanilla.asp 
it is also available at the Vitamin Shoppe and GNC

If you are looking for Tazo tea it can be found at most Target and Starbucks stores

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

  © Bloggertemplates The White Dove by Premium Wordpress Themes | Photography Wordpress Theme 2011